Registration and Onboarding
Find key information on the registration and onboarding to Lloyd's APIs.
For all interested parties and API Consumers, be it Brokers, Carriers, Market Vendors, there are three stages of registration/ onboarding that need to be followed in order to be able to call any API service.
- Developer Portal Self-Registration
- Onboarding to LIMOSS Common Services
- Registering to use a Test Harness
Developer Portal Self-Registration
- For the current version of the Dev Portal (beta version), no registration is required. Any interested party can access all content on the site, under the coverage of a T&Cs statement.
- Going forwards the Dev Portal will contain other features such as; access to the API Github Repository containing the source code and an exemplar thin WebApp that implements the full API, capability to run testing tools (eg POSTMAN) and test source code against a sandbox environment test harness.
- In order to access these additional features, API Consumers will need to self-register on the site using the Register link at the top of this site. (Currently not yet functional)
Please authenticate with AD to register.
Onboarding to LIMOSS Common Services*
To subscribe to any specific API, all organisations (API Consumers) must be on-boarded to the LIMOSS API Gateway.
The onboarding process requires organisations to first register (if they have not already) with the LIMOSS API Gateway.
Once on-boarded organisations can then request to subscribe to any other API available via the same process.
- For details of how to onboard your organisation on to Common Services please see the section "Guidance for Adoption" on this page: LIMOSS SSO, SDE and API Gateway
Guesting Accounts into Common Services
Before an account can be used to call an API, the account identity first needs to be guested into a Common Services Environment.
Please remember there are three distinct Common Services Environments (Sand, PreProd and Prod).
Being guested into one of these environments does not provide any access to the other two environments.
If an account will be used to call APIs in more than one environment then the account will need to be guested-in more than once.
New LIMOSS SSO Users
If your organisation has not yet registered for “LIMOSS Single Sign On (SSO)” – or if you cannot access the Self-Service Portal - please contact the LIMOSS Service Desk and ask to “Subscribe to PPL API”.
Existing LIMOSS SSO Users
If your organisation is already registered for “LIMOSS Single Sign On (SSO)” – and you have a PRODUCTION LIMOSS SSO account - please use the “Subscribe to PPL API” option in the LIMOSS Self-Service Portal.
Registering an Application to use Single Sign On (SSO)
Each organisation that owns or runs an application or service that calls a market API through the API Gateway needs to register the application or service with the CS Azure Active Directory.
Register X.509 Certificate in API Gateway
Each organisation that owns or runs an application or service that calls a market API through the API Gateway needs to register a X.509 certificate in a LIMOSS environment.
A different X.509 certificate should be used for each API Gateway (Sand, PreProd and Prod).
Register To Use a Test Harness
To be able to call many APIs there is setup required in the API implementation. For example configuring users or creating security records.
To be able to configure Test Harness APIs in Sandbox or PreProd please contact the Lloyds API Factory. This includes setting up test broker and underwriter organisations to enable consumers of the APIs to test the end-to-end journey effectively and independently.
* Please note that these are external websites owned and managed by LIMOSS.