We are a society incorporated by Lloyd’s Act 1871 by the name of Lloyd’s. Our principal place of business is at One Lime Street, London EC3M 7HA. Lloyd’s is authorised under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.
We may withdraw or amend this Site and materials published on it or restrict access to some parts of the Site or those materials, or our entire Site, to users who have registered. Amendments to this Site shall take effect upon posting on this Site.
Certain content on the Site may be subject to separate licence terms (as further detailed below) and your use of such content shall indicate your acceptance of those separate licence terms.
Intellectual Property Rights
Separate Licence Terms
“Project” means a specific project listed on Explore and Innovate.
“Separately Licensed Content” means any content which is identified on the Site as being subject to a Separate Licence.
“Separate Licence” means the licence terms indicated on the Site as applying to the relevant Separately Licensed Content.
Your use of any Separately Licensed Content shall be subject to the terms of the Separate Licence (only, and the licence in the Intellectual Property Rights section above shall not apply to any Separately Licensed Content).
Your use of such Separately Licensed Content shall indicate your acceptance of the relevant Separate Licence. You do not have any rights to use the Separately Licensed Content other than subject to and in accordance with the Separate Licence.
Without limitation to the above, all content that is located within a Project on the Site (i.e. within that Project’s subsite) shall be licensed as identified on the Licence Information tab on the Project’s home page (unless specifically indicated to the contrary within a Project for specific content).
To the extent you are permitted to use any content which includes Lloyd’s logo or branding, you shall not alter that logo or branding, or use the content in a way that implies any form of association, approval or endorsement on the part of Lloyd’s.
Availability of Site
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the Site is normally available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the Site may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
LinkingYou may link to this Site’s home page provided that:
- you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the Lloyd’s logo;
- you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around this Site;
- you do not in any way imply any form of association, approval or endorsement on the part of Lloyd’s;
- you do not misinterpret your relationship with Lloyd’s nor present any other misleading information about Lloyd’s;
- you do not otherwise use any Lloyd’s trademarks displayed on this Site without express written permission from Lloyd’s;
- you do not link from a site that is not owned by you or your employer; and
- your site does not contain content that could reasonably be construed as distasteful, offensive or infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Lloyd’s expressly reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Links to other websites from this Site are provided for information only, and do not imply our endorsement or affiliation with the providers of those websites. We have no control over the contents of those websites, accept no responsibility for them and we disclaim liability for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Disclaimer and Liability
Acceptable UseYou must:
- only use this Site for lawful purposes
- not misuse this Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful
- not attempt to gain unauthorised access to this Site, the service on which this Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to this Site
- not attack this Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
Violation of this section may lead to legal action being taken against you by the authorities or an aggrieved third party. We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Lloyd’s to disclose the identity of or locate any person acting in breach of this section.
We do not accept liability for any loss or damage caused by any viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful, to your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this Site or to your downloading of any content on the Site or on any website linked to the Site. It is your responsibility to use suitable anti-virus software on any material that you may download from this Site and to ensure the compatibility of such software or material with your equipment.
Third Party Rights
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
If you have any concerns about material which appears on this Site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.